Sunday, May 11, 2014

It's official…I am a bird watcher!

It basically took me six hours to get both of these photos.
I stopped by the store three times on Saturday before we even opened.
I sound desperate.  
Maybe I am.
 I like to think that I'm curious.
I just wanted to see if the new egg was there.
But...each time…
Ellie was there…
being a great momma.

Stacia and I had been working…
and I was constantly peeking out the window for my opportunity…
and, then it happened…
with a store full of people…
and just as Stacia needed something…
I CAN'T!!!
I CAN'T!!!
I have like five minutes to get this picture while she is off the nest!!
I bolted out the door…
and there were three!


I basically repeated the steps today.
I waited…
and watched…
and waited some more.
Finally, I caught a break around 3:00pm.
Now there are four!


They are so beautiful.
So small.
So perfect.

Here are the next steps.
There is a rare chance she could lay five eggs.
It's rare.
But, let's face it.
She is a super girl.
I am kind of expecting it.

I will be there tomorrow…
waiting…
checking…
and the second I get the chance…
I'll run to the nest and see how many eggs there are.

After that, it takes 12-14 days for the eggs to hatch.
She will sit there all day…
 everyday…
 taking care of them.

Stay tuned.

What a beautiful Mother's Day, indeed.




No comments:

Post a Comment