Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Let us eat C A K E!

On May 27, 2013
We had a great celebration.


On my quest to read the classics,
I had been dying to see this movie when I heard it was coming out!

The Great Gatsby
 Interpreted by Baz Luhrmann 
sticks pretty close to the details of the story written by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

 I loved it.

 It is basically a sad story but in typical Baz fashion,
the movie is filled with energy, excitement
and all kinds of fun.
I adored the clothing...
the parties...
and the overall filming was amazing...

I also adore the theater we went to.
You may remember from Hitchcock?
We get to leave comments after seeing the show.
Here are ours...


Mel - NO HOPE 
(I'll be honest, HOPE is one of my least favorite words in the English language and this movie's plot was based on all of their hope's and all this promise of life that never materializes) 
Vee - Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful
(I can feel the hope in this statement...)
A - OPULENCE! DECADENCE! SENSORY EXPLOSION!
(I agree!  It was all of that!)


We ate at Canyon which is right next to the theater.
I love the cozy atmosphere and prickly pear margaritas.


CHEERS!


Beet salad with feta and candied walnuts -- so good!


I didn't care what else we ordered as long as we got the fancy mac and cheese...
it's to die for.


Beef Tenderloin burrito...
it was a winning combination!


PRESENTS!!


CAKE!!

It was a wonderful day!  


No comments:

Post a Comment