Monday, May 6, 2013

What is beauty?







This video produced by Dove, has been floating around the web.  

I love it.

The first time I watched it...I tried to answer the questions he was asking...

Describe your hair...

What would you say is your most prominent feature?

As I thought about my face...I did exactly as the women in the video...

I minimized myself.  

I described an ugly version of me.

How sad.  But the reality is...we are all so hard on ourselves.

What a great reminder of how NOT to treat yourself.

Beauty...seems like such a controversial word in a way.

What is beauty?

We may all describe it differently...but I hope this video has helped to change the definition of beautiful for ourselves.

You are beautiful, just the way you are.

Be gently with yourself.

Be kind to yourself.

Be Beautiful. 

1 comment: