Saturday, December 15, 2012

Godspeed

As most of us cried watching the news yesterday...God opened his arms and welcomed new angels....

I really don't have any new words to write that haven't already been said in regards to yesterday's tragedies.  As we continue to ask why, I find that none of the new information lifts the pain. They are hoping to understand this young man's mind...and how he could perform unspeakable acts in such a defenseless environment.

So tragic.

So senseless.

So selfish.

I read one man's words that he hoped we could find heroes in these new angels.  Although they did not have much time on earth, they created what would have been an ordinary Friday evening for most...a night where millions would wrap their families around one another and cherish their time together.

I will continue to pray.

These horrific events often remind us to be thankful and count our blessings.

They remind us to take a moment to tell people who mean so much to us that we love them...take the time to spend an evening with a friend...or just make a call and listen.

I am so very grateful to have spent time with my family in these past few weeks.  Thanksgiving in Atlanta and a trip to Fort Lauderdale.

When things seem so dark...I hope these photos from my trip to Florida will offer some beauty while we seek truth and light.

View from the window of the plane...


View from Amanda's deck at dusk...


A morning walk along the ocean...


The water's edge...


A single bird's flight....


Reflection...

Godspeed my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment