Friday, December 21, 2012

Force Majeure


My bags were carefully placed by the door for an early departure this morning.  

However, the extreme weather...this act of God, prevented me from boarding the plane this morning.

As disappointed as I am...they have rescheduled me to arrive tomorrow.  

The women at the airline originally said the first flight out was Monday afternoon and I would arrive around 7:30 p.m.  

Christmas Eve.

I didn't say anything...I finally muttered softly...What?  Did I hear you correctly?  That simply won't do.

Are there any other options?  

She placed me on hold...and I am not joking...all said and done almost two hours later...she booked me on a United flight.  Taking off in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow.  

She said, you're lucky...I have no idea how this happened...someone must be looking out for you!  

So, I have the day to do whatever it is I want.  And although I won't be spending it with my sister as planned...I'll see her tomorrow and it will still be a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment