Monday, November 12, 2012

Winner winner chicken dinner!

It should come as no surprise that Vee and I talk several times a day.  
I practically tell her every move I make.  
I also know what she eats for every meal.  
For the past two months...it seemed like every third dinner was a chicken casserole.  
I was like...what? Why do you keep eating this?  
Apparently, it is THE best chicken casserole and I simply have to make it.  

So I did.  



If you are fancy in the kitchen perhaps you would boil your own chicken...I buy a precooked one.  It's no Nelson's...but I'd give it a distant second. 


I ate the legs while I shredded the rest of the bird and filled up the pan.


It said to mix the sour cream and the cream of mushroom soup in a separate bowl...I opted to just toss it in and mix it up.  No idea if this is a big deal or not.  Didn't seem to be.


I'll admit...when I heard Ritz Crackers were the topper...it pretty much sealed the deal to make this.  
YUM!


It was in the oven 45 minutes and it tasted DELICIOUS!!
I did forget to add the peas!  
Grrr....next time.

I'm not sure I'll be having it as often as Vee...but I may toss it into the monthly rotation.


Btw, I saved the wishbone...


1 comment: