Sunday, November 11, 2012

I salute you.



In honor of all those who have served, I thank you! I have passed cemeteries with rows of crosses...I've seen the news of the soldiers returning battered...shattered in body and spirit.  So brave...I can't imagine but it always moves me to tears.  

My amazing brother-in-law, Matt Lowe, posted this sentiment today on his Facebook wall and...it moved me to tears. I hope he doesn't mind me sharing it here.

I salute all the Veterans in my family today, their families that supported them, and the country they proudly served:
Grandfather Ed Fleming Army
Uncle Jack Grady Army Air Corps
Uncle Charlie Beall Army Air Corps
Father Thor Lowe Navy
Uncle John Lowe Army
Cousin Poke Beall Navy
Cousin Chris Beall Army
Cousin Dom Fleming Army
Nephew Will Lowe Air Force/Air National Guard
Nephew Chris Rodgers Marines

Thank you all for your service and inspiration....you are great Americans!
SFC Matt Lowe, Retired, Army National Guard/Navy/Army Reserve


In a separate comment he added a note about my dad.  I knew he had been enlisted as a Marine, but I didn't know...HOW DIDN'T I KNOW THIS :(...my dad, then became an officer in the Army Reserve Military Police.  Matt went on to say that when an enlisted man becomes an officer, he is known as a 'Mustang', which is not an easy transition.  How kewl...a Mustang!

Thank you, Matt for telling me this...more, thank you for knowing.  My dad didn't ever talk much, at least to me, about his time served.  I hope it wasn't because I didn't ask.   I am sure glad my brother-in-law did.


Freedom is never free.  Thank you to all of those who have served and continue to serve.

In addition to Matt's list, I'd like to thank my late step-father, K. Earl Abel, my cousin, Lee Rhea Johns-Mabry and my good friend Ben Geisler.







No comments:

Post a Comment