Tuesday, September 11, 2012

United We stand.


I came across this image and felt it seemed like War & Peace all  wrapped up in one symbol. 

Peace is defined as freedom from disturbance; quiet and tranquility.  Barbed wire defined as wire with clusters of short, sharp spikes set at intervals along it, used to make fences or in warfare as an obstruction.

Eleven years ago today marks the dreadful anniversay of the terrorists attack on US soil.

I recall the President quoting the 23rd Psalms, "yea, though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, we will fear no evil, for Thou art with us."

I don't know about you, but I feared evil that day.  There was no mercy.  I did not feel safe. 

I watched in disbelief as The World Trade Center Towers vanished from site.  It reminded me of the demolition of a Vegas hotel as I stood with Amy and Kirk and witnessed its fall.  It happened within seconds...an expolision...dust...and then nothing.  But no lives perished.  It wasn't fearful.  It wasn't scary.  It seemed like progress...new growth...it seemed like possibilites.

We are all reflecting today...it's hard not to.  Remembering where you were...who you were with...and what you did.

I sometimes feel like this couldn't have happened.  I saw it...but do I believe it? 

How many ways can we ask WHY and still not understand it? 

Even though I heard the news...I internalized their interpretations...I will never be able to understand that kind of hate.  A need for that kind of destruction.  And do I dare say, I almost...I almost stopped believing in THOU...all because it happened.

I wrap my memories around my beautiful friends Amy and Kirk Hendrix who took me in that day...provided comfort, love and peace...and in so many other days since then.   

We all search for peace...safety...comfort...understanding and love...while we look behind but continue to move forward.

Visit this link for a view from space on September 11, 2001. WOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment