Sunday, September 9, 2012

this is the ideal life...


CAKE!

What a great show on Thursday evening at the famous and historic Aragon.  Designed to replicate a Spanish palace courtyard, it had beautiful arched doorways, crystal chandeliers, mosaic tile and as we grooved to the band, I got lost in the architectural design and amazing details, which created a great ambiance to the theater.

One thing I really love about hearing live music is when the artist talks about his passions and why he wrote certain songs.

CAKE is KEWL!


Anna-Maria flew in from California on Friday; late afternoon.  We had dinner at a quaint Italian restaurant in my neighborhood and cozied up on the couch with a glass of wine to continue to catch up...it was so much fun!


On Saturday, we made our way to the historic Knollwood Golf Course in Lake Forest, IL.
Anna-Maria's husband, Eric, qualified for the 2012 US Mid-Amateur Championship Golf Tournament!  


The course is beautiful and surrounded by amazing homes.


Here is a photo of one of the homes along the first hole.  


Eric in action.


Some of the gorgeous flowers along the course.


Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-Albert Camus


More flowers I loved.

Good music, good friends, good conversations...great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment