Sunday, September 23, 2012

hunGRRRR

Today, I ran 6.2 miles to help FEED those less fortunate than I.  Every step I took ended up providing 10 local meals to people here in Chicago.

Currently, 49 million Americans are without food and working hard to make ends meet.  

Hard times; hard statistics. 

Thank you for all of those who supported me on my run!  Ashley and I had a lot of FUN!


Women's Health and FEED Project


We started and finished the race under Abraham Lincoln's statue.


Stretching it out...pre-race.


My niece Ashley and I pre-race.


Ashley around mile 2.5.


One foot in front of the other...


The course was along Lake Shore Drive...what a killer view!

A couple of tomato faces!  


Post race...gifted FEED 10 bags and current Women's Health magazine.


Post race Bloody Mary's.  

We can all make a difference in this world.  

Today, I helped feed 10 people...and that feels pretty goddam good.  



No comments:

Post a Comment