Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Succulents


The pictures have been hung and the furniture project is coming to a close.  I've moved onto little things...details that just add a lived in feel to a place.  For me, plants....or for the girl with a black thumb...succulents.  



Beautiful and nearly indestructible...or so they say. 



The best known succulents are cacti 
(family: Cactaceae) 
K E W L


Virtually all cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are cacti.
I have found they prefer bright light...are tolerant of much colder temperatures than one might think and I learned that they store water in their leaves, stems and roots.  


I also heard that Orchids were a good fit for someone like me....as the picture is proof...not so much...let's hope those indestructible cacti remain as is.


No comments:

Post a Comment