Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Take your time...

The world these days is moving at a seemingly alarming pace.  Do you feel it? 

After work I went for a run.  I saw this sticker.  

  
Take your time. 

I liked it.  It made me think...take your time...for what? 



Here was another one...another reminder.

Take your time when making important decisions? 
Take your time and become aware of the beauty surrounding us?
  
Or simplify it...and just take your time with everything...everyday?


What does this sticker mean? 
Maybe it means something different to everyone?

I got home and Googled it.  It looks like it could be an image from the third and final album by Scatman John.  Released six months before he died on December 3rd.  I've never heard of Scatman John...but I did Google the lyrics and this is my favorite line:

"Take it easy now, you can slow down the pace.  Nobody has ever won the human race."

And there you have it. 
Slow down the pace.  Make time for yourself.  Make time for others.  Your family.  Your friends.  For strangers. Enjoy this short life. 

Take your time.

1 comment: