Thursday, May 10, 2012

Getting organized

I ain't takin' nothin' that will slow down my travelin' - Johnny Cash

If I've heard it once...I've heard it twenty times from Amanda.  You can't bring any bag over 22" - we are traveling light...seconds later I refresh my browser...another email from Amanda....here is a picture of a woman traveling with too much luggage (she had a relatively small roller bag and a backpack) hmmm....

I finally sent her a note.  I love you, but I get it.  We are packing light.  I promise not to bring anything I can't carry myself. 

As the story goes, I have decided to create my packing list and then compare it with Vee (beauty of having a twin you are traveling with -- we have double the wardrobe) and then chop it down again. 

Arguably, one of the most important parts of a trip is what you are planning to pack.  It determines so many things... size of bag (we already know we are going small), the weight of the load (remember to only bring what you can carry) and ultimately, your state of happiness...right? Do I have everything I need?

My packing list...or a list of reminders as I like to think of it...began last week.  I started with the basics and then have added to it as I think of something.  I like to consider the destination...what we will be doing...the weather... where we are staying, etc.  Seems logical...and a good way not to forget anything.

Let the packing begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment