Sunday, April 1, 2012

How do you eat an Elephant?

 image photo share 

Lemme tell ya...it's simple really, you tackle it one bite at a time.

This past month life has felt large and overwhelming at times...but also exciting, magical and happy...so happy.

Sometimes...my 'get'r done list' was as big as an elephant.  I'd cross one thing off and add five.  As the stress often mounted...I'd remind myself, I've picked up and moved countless times over the past 20 years.  I got this. 

Taking one bite at a time felt slow and other days it felt like the perfect pace. 

image photo share

I love change...I love experiencing new things and there is nothing wrong with a restless soul.  Finding patience when you want to click your heels together and poof -- be there -- well, we all know, reality is quite different. 

Patience and perspective...you must keep it all in check. 

All that to say, one bite at a time, I got here.  I did it!  C H E C A G O U !

image photo share 

I packed it all up and found my way to a vintage-inspired lofty place in Lincoln Park.  It wasn't my first choice but has turned out to be better than I imagined it could be. 

I walk to the lake...Trader Joes...shopping...everywhere.  I absolutely love it.  It is better than I even imagined it could be.  Exposed brick walls, a real wood-burning fireplace, big windows with a long-distance view of the city...two closets and a micro-mini kitchen that is perfect for me.  It's all coming together. 

I've been enjoying the solitude that comes with moving to a new city.  I've been enjoying all the 'city' sounds that keep me up at night.  I've been enjoying the process of establishing a new routine.  I've been enjoying spending time with friends I have here.

There are some dayz I feel more adventurous than others.  Walking for hours discovering all there is and then other dayz a quick perimeter check to grab coffee and come right back. 

I get excited thinking about the untapped potential waiting ahead of me.  I'm here to discover, explore and see what unfolds. 

image photo share

Believe me when I say that this restless soul has found some peace...some real happiness and I'm all the better for it.  Perhaps you will see it in my smile...or the pep in my step...maybe you'll just read about all the amazing things I am opening myself up to.

While I was in transition, I was without Internet (aside from my hard drive crashing I've been offline for a month-it's as horrible as you are probably imagining life without your computer or a connection), without cable (I sure did accomplish much but I did miss the 'company' TV provides) and all the things that you usually find yourself filling time up with...moving and unpacking aside, I read four books in one week! 

Thank you Amanda for recommending,  Astrid & Veronika written by Linda Olsson.  I loved it and highly recommend it. 

...for the day is you
and the light is you
the sun is you,
and all the beautiful, beautiful
awaiting life is you...

poem by Karin Boye; titled, morning

**remember that elephant...well, none of my photos are downloading...one bite at a time...post tonight...figure out pictures tomorrow**

2 comments:

  1. I've missed your amazing way with words my friend! Love you more than you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooow you look amazing <3

    Wanna follow each other? Regards!

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete