Monday, November 7, 2011

I find myself still California dreamin...

I couldn’t believe it was already Tuesday morning.  We packed up our things, enjoyed our breakfast on China and made our way into the city. 
Crossing the Golden Gate Bridge is always a highlight when visiting the city, especially since it is considered one of the most internationally recognized symbols in the United States.  The bridge links the city of San Francisco to Marin County and may very well be one of the most photographed bridges…anywhere.

View coming from Marin to San Francisco
We drove through The Presidio and our first stop was Chrissy Field.  It is a perfect place to get stellar views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz and The Marin Headlands.

I love this one!

The three of us!

One of my favorite places in San Francisco has to be the Palace of Fine Arts. I would consider it a wonder of the world right along with The Golden Gate Bridge.    It’s like a Roman ruin nestled in the Marina District.

The Palace of Fine Arts

Look closely and you are able to see the weeping women atop the collonade. So KEWL!

We stayed in a quirky, colorful hotel not far from my old stomping grounds, the Hotel Del Sol.  Walking distance to everything we needed. 

I had been waiting to meet Danny, Megan’s perfect four month old!  I wish I could have held him all afternoon.  He barely made a peep as we passed him around and caught up on life.

Me with Little D!

We ended the day with dinner at Betlenut, one of my favorite spots in the Marina offering contemporary Asian cuisine.  Megan and Erin joined us along with Paloma, who drove all the way from Half Moon Bay. 
Megan, Mel, Vee and Katie

Paloma, Megan and I right before Paloma told us she was almost four months pregnant!! So happy for my beautiful friend!

Bottom row L to R: Katie, Vee and Erin
Top Row L to R: Paloma, Mel and Megan

Never enough time….but ever so grateful to my friends for sharing their evening with us and celebrating my dad and our friendship. 
The old adage rings true…I left my heart in San Francisco.  I love that place.  I love my friends. 

2 comments:

  1. no!!! it cant be over!!! i dont want our trip to end!!! i have SOOOOO enjoyed reading this and look forward to everyday!! so totally sad its the last! until our next vacay!! lets not wait too long!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like you had so much fun! :) I love how you labeled everyone in the last picture (Bottom Row L-R), like a classroom picture haha!

    Belly B :)

    ReplyDelete