Monday, November 28, 2011

Gobble...gobble...gone.

My email account got hacked just like our Thanksgiving turkey.  I’ve been unable to get my mail…download pictures or have access to anything for days.  Thankfully, I think I’ve finally gotten it resolved and I’m back in business.
Thanksgiving is officially over and we begin the countdown to Christmas.  We can check Black Friday off the list.  I did not partake, did you?  I am sure the Christmas carols are in full rotation at all retailers and we are just waiting on the snow to fly.  I think it’s on the radar here for Saturday with full intentions of sticking…this is exciting! 
I love this time of year.  I really think it’s because there are three holidays back to back so you feel like you have this joyous momentum that keeps going.  So much to be thankful for, excited about and let’s face it…I am always so hopeful for the New Year. 
I left the office at 3:00pm on Wednesday and at the time; I looked forward to what seemed like endless days off.  Now as I sit here I am thinking….seriously, it’s Monday?  Jeesh…how do I slow down time? 
It didn’t all fly by.  In fact, I can’t remember the last time I stayed in my pj’s til noon (maybe longer), curled up on the couch and watched movies in the middle of the afternoon, decorated my Christmas tree (I’ll share those photos on Tuesday), cleaned out the bathroom cabinets and organized the garage…seriously, I did that…spent time with my family and saw a lot of old high school friends. 
I feel rested...organized...happy...thankful...and ready for Christmas!
Here are some photos I wanted to share.
I spent Thanksgiving at my sister Lucinda and my brother-in-law Matt's house.  I loved the simple, elegant table she set!
I loved the place cards - so creative and I love her handwriting!

Lucinda is famous in our house for this cream cheese, beef and chive spread...it's to die for.

She also loves to try new things and this endive with some sort of pecan goo and blue cheese crumbles was a hit.  Always thoughtful, she made half with no blue cheese for me! 

Love the color!
My nephew Tony is a Ninja with knives and sliced up the turkey.  A chef by trade, coupled with an artist background he creates a wonderful creative flare to his plate presentations.  Keep an eye out for an upcoming blog where I feature his fruit/veggie...animal/plant turned art. It's K E W L!

Pecan souffle - wow!  Sausage stuffing...amazing!

We had traditional homemade mashed potatoes which I had two helpings of.  However, the real winner was the California mashers...seriously, I loved them!  The orange stuff is a fat-free, gluten-free squash soup and although all those keys words make it hard to believe...it was delicous.
My brother-in-law brought out the champagne!  Bubbles go with everything in my opinion!  Cheers!
You may or may not be suprised to find out that pecan pie is my new favorite!  I've always kind of liked it...but now...I LOVE it.  That gooey sweet pecan center...man, my mouth is watering.  We also had pumpkin pie and I brought a strawberry rhubarb...cause,although it's not a traditional pie to have at Thanksgiving...it is my favorite.  I will humbly admit I only brought half of a pie.  I KNOW -- who brings HALF of a pie to dinner?  In my defense, my thought process was that with so many other desserts to choose from I was positive my brother-in-law and I would be the only ones eating it.  Uh...it was a terrible thought.  Next year, you can count on one thing.  I'm bringing not one..but two halves of strawberry rhubarb pie. 
L to R: Me, Lucinda, Tony and my niece Ashley. Family!

This is Tony concentrating on a little project Lucinda had us doing.  She had notecards for each of us and we passed them around and had to write a little something about each person.  You know, why you think they are awesome.  Although I heard Matt mutter...this is the Thanksgiving from Hell (he is a constant jokester)...it really makes your heart burst when you can read...and in my case...reread...special messages from people you care about.
My sister deserves a standing ovation for pulling off another fabulous holiday celebration of togetherness, thankfulness and delicious-ness.  I’m still working through my food coma.  I sure hope you enjoyed your holiday as much as I did.

      

1 comment: