Friday, November 11, 2011

11.11.11 - that looks KEWL

According to the dictionary, Superstition is an irrational belief arising from ignorance or fear.
Hmmm...I don’t like the word ignorance or the word fear.  How about the simple fact that there doesn't seem to be any rational basis to the claim?
Are you superstitious?  It is kind of weird how you tend to believe things even if you don’t understand why.
On the calendar today it reads 11.11.11.  The scuttlebutt is that something good is supposed to happen.  It just makes me want to make a wish!  Like when you look at the clock and it says 11:11.  It’s like a bad habit.  I can honestly say whenever I catch it...I make a wish.  11:11...12:34...2:22 and so on.  If I miss it by a minute...I wish anyway.  Cheesy, I know. 
Has anyone ever measured the outcome of a wish?  How many come true?  Or is it like a prayer or a hope you’ve tossed out there...you just wait and wonder?
This numerology is in fact a rare occurrence ...we won’t see this again for another century. KEWL.
Maybe today there will be some sort of mystical convergence?  Maybe there is some deeper meaning...or some greater truth behind it?  I don’t know what it is and I can say that nothing extra special has happened to me today...so far. 
Although I do believe in magic...and 11-11-11 does seem sort of magical.
Where today we are making wishes...on Friday the 13th we are cringing...hoping all the bad luck skips us. 
I read that today, people are actually scheduling things...as if it’s the luckiest day of the century. Maybe it is?
Have you heard of this one? Never take a broom along when you move. Throw it out and buy a new one. Lucky for me, I’ve never moved a broom.

If a black cat walks towards you, it brings good fortune, but if it walks away, it takes the good luck with it. I have a black cat so I wonder how this works.

You should never start a trip on Friday or you will meet misfortune.  I’ll start a trip on any day of the week.

How are you treating today...any different?  I say make a wish...all day long... 
My beautiful black beauty...Bella Fox.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Today was 11-11-11 was Griffin's bday--very cool. He said it would only be cooler if he were turning 11

    ReplyDelete