Thursday, September 29, 2011

Semi-Finals

As you know, I’ve made it to round four of five in the Lucky Lifestyle Contributor Contest! 

The challenge is to write about someone from the past you’ve rediscovered after losing touch and how your looks have changed.  I have to share pictures (good grief I’ve had some awkward years) and talk about our style, personalities, etc. 

You would think it would be easy to write about someone that is close to you…but, lemme tell ya…it’s not.  I hope I even came close to expressing my love for her and how much she means to me. 

I may not have covered too much about style but it felt more important to share my journey of friendship than what we wear or the places we shop. 

Whether I make it to the finals or not, I promised myself I would do more things to keep challenged and continue to do things I enjoy even if it means I have to take risks and be open to criticism. 

I’ll post the full essay and pictures tomorrow.  Voting begins Monday!  I’ll be sure to remind you!

Thank you to everyone who continues to support me!

Btw, I'm gonna be writing about Katie Minzey McCormick! 

Yikes!  Look at my hair! Katie looks fabulous!! 


2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!!! H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S. lub chu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! I think the post you wrote about her just may take you to the winning spot!! (I'm keeping my fingers crossed.)

    ReplyDelete