Tuesday, September 20, 2011

All that you need...is in your soul

Vee shared a song with me last night, Simple Man by Shinedown.  I had never heard the song or of the band, but I loved it.  I found it to be soulful and I couldn’t stop hitting repeat.  Then, I Googled the lyrics:
Mama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son.
And listen closely to what I say,
And if you do this
It will help you some sunny day.
Take your time…don’t live too fast,
Troubles will come and they will pass.
Go find a woman and you will find love,
And don’t forget son,
There is someone up above.
(Chorus)
And be a simple kind of man
Be something you love and understand.
Be a simple kind of man.
Won’t you do this for me son,
If you can?
Forget your lust for the rich man’s gold
All that you need is in your soul,
And you can do this if you try.
All I want for you my son,
Is to be satisfied
(Chorus)
Boy, don’t you worry…you’ll find yourself.
Follow your heart and nothing else.
And you can do this if you try
All I want for you my son,
Is to be satisfied.

Wow…a few things resonated with me. 
Take your time…don’t live too fast.   Everyone is rushing about all of the time…doesn’t it seem so?  Life has become so reactionary because there isn’t any time to think and ponder.  You can’t escape.  People, they can find you, anywhere.  We really just need to back it all up…slow it way down…find the peaceful pace.  Aren’t you always thinking…jeesh, get in line.  I hate that.    
Be a simple kind of man.  Life has somehow become so complex…but don’t you crave the simple?  The uncomplicated easiness of the yesterday’s?  Sometimes, I can get caught up in it (Missoni Madness…remember) or you know…the wanting this….the wanting that…just wanting it all.  I have to remind myself; it’s just stuff.   I don’t need anything.  I remember when I dreamed of finding someone to run away with.  Just pack up whatever we could fit in the car and drive to the mountains or the ocean and get lost.  Not needing all kinds of crap.  A simple man and a simple woman…not so complicated…not so easily found. 
All that you need is in your soul.  I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love this line and it goes right along with, be something you love and understand.  Definitely, my favorite.  I have to remind myself to listen…stop and really listen to myself.  Be quiet.  Enjoy myself...love myself and understand myself so others will enjoy, love and understand me too.  I need a lot of alone time.  I just do.  I have to recharge.  I like the quiet.  I like to find what is down in there and remind myself I deserve what I want, what I need and to go for it.  You do too; don’t forget.
Follow your heart and nothing else.  Yes, ‘tis true; makes me think of the word bliss.  When you follow your heart it feels blissful…like you are floating…like you don’t really ‘think’ about what you are doing you are acting...feeling and that seems ultimately how a good decision is made.
To be satisfied.  Have you ever really thought about whether you were satisfied or not?  Hmmm…am I satisfied…that means to me…I’m okay with it.  It could be better but it works…for now.  I guess, content.  Are we ever really satisfied?  I’m not really sure.  Am I satisfied now?  Yes, I think I’m content.    Is this all I am dreaming of…no. 
So, what now? 
Follow my heart…listen to my soul…take my time…and be a simple kind of woman…
See a video of Simple Man here -- worth the 6.5 minutes.  http://youtu.be/BIpswDbc7cA

Isn't this dreamy...it might be a good spot to go get lost in.  I took this picture in Lake Tahoe climbing my way into the mountains to meet Vee at an aid station. 

Reflecting.  Vee, Craig and I went mountain biking in Moab, Utah.  We took some time to enjoy the beauty. 

1 comment: