Wednesday, August 24, 2011

You miss every shot you don't take...

I’m about to enter a contest.  A magazine is looking for a Lifestyle Contributor and I figured…what the heck.  The submittal was to get out your camera and capture your natural beauty – your everyday look for work, family and just hanging out.  Then show your glamorous side and write about the best ways to make the transformation through hair, makeup and your outfit.

In the past, I would have thought that I would love to enter but then I would have let the thought go.  I ask myself however, what do I have to lose by entering?  Nothing.  If I get to contribute to the magazine…awesome.  If I don’t, well, you miss every shot you don’t take. 

Part of this contest requires outside votes.  I know…ugh…but, yes, I am asking you to take a minute and vote for me. I mean, if you feel I am worthy of the vote. 

I was allowed four photos which I used three from my When Harry Met Sally blog and I took some early this am I tossed in for a more laid-back look. 

Here is a sneak peak from this mornings DIY photo shoot.  Voting begins in 2 dayz!  I’ll be reminding you!

Btw, there are 5 stages to this contest and this is stage 2.  I’ll keep you posted. 

Hi Charlie Martin...I had to entice her out from under there with treats...

Doesn't really show the outfit...CM still under love seat and yes, my hair is a horrible brown...it will be fixed on Saturday!

I think I ended up using this one even though CM is still sort of in the picture.  It's not great...but the tripod and my camera focusing when I put it farther away...well, I'm still working out these issues and I am on a deadline...jeesh...I haven't even won yet.


I tried different boots...added a sweater...CM left to eat her treats but there were spots and I just didn't like it...

I’ll reveal it all tomorrow…stay tuned.  Thanks for your support!


1 comment:

  1. Love the dress with the boots! Great look!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete