Monday, August 8, 2011

When Harry met...Mel

Although my dayz seemed long this weekend; I sit at my desk this morning thinking it went by all too fast.  Typical, right?  We had an amazing lighting/thunder storm late afternoon on Sunday.  I loved it.  I had just returned home and walked by my wardrobe room.  It's really my second bedroom that I use as a vintage lounge area (barrel chairs and love seat go back over 200 years) and I have them paired with a vintage dressing table where it showcases all my hats, jewelry, clothes, bags, etc.  It's still a work in progress as there is no art on the walls and it 'needs something' I just haven't found it yet.  Anyway, I paused for a moment and thought to myself...this looks like where they might have filmed one of the scenes out of 'When Harry Met Sally.'  You remember...the one's with the couples?  Those scenes were some of my favorite parts. I decided to grab my tripod and take some photos...and although 'Harry' wasn't there...I had fun.

Kind of seems - Studio 54ish.  Shoes Vincent Camuto, JBrand jeans, Old Navy fur jacket. 
Shoes - Franco Sarto, Dress - Ann Taylor, Hat - my dads - Dobbs

Shoes - MIA, Dress is actually a jacket - Vertigo

Just added hat - American Eagle...do you remember this from my most wanted list?  It was on sale for $8!

Still waiting for Harry...

Vintage robe

Although the DIY photo shoot needs some lighting adjustments and it didn't really have anything to do with 'Harry Met Sally,' I do love that movie.  Here is my favorite quote...

"I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."  

The whole premise of that movie was basically if a man and a woman can, 'just be friends?"  What do you think?
 

8 comments:

  1. beautiful images, love your outfit and furniture, sweets! xoxo

    btw, I have a little jewelry Giveaway over my place if you wanna check it out, and might like to enter!

    http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/2011/08/giveaway-of-sheyna-moonstone-earrings.html

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous, chic pictures! and what a fabulous quote! one of my faves.

    thank you for your sweet compliment on my new bangs:) positive reinforcement is always appreciated, especially after such a huge leap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So chic!
    Follow each other? :)

    XO,
    Lucija

    withlovelucija.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love the hat you have there! Such beautiful pictures!!

    http://blaiseruby.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the robe, beautiful!

    I think men and women can be friends.

    Fashion Translated

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think Harry is good looking enough for Mel anyway so you're better of without him!

    Great fun looks, dear!

    Lots of love from Sydney,

    x Kel

    talking closet camaraderie

    ReplyDelete