Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The weekends come and the weekends go...

Mine seem full of activity and loads of fun as I try to fill them with as much outdoor time in the sun as possible.

I’m still hanging onto the summer lifestyle as long as I can.  Which to me, means, outdoor festivals, lake time, friends and family…exactly how I spent my weekend. 

Friday night my plans changed so I decided to work on a charcoal DIY project to fill up some wall space.  I try not to feel temporary in my humble dwelling, but I can’t help it.  I refuse to invest in furniture or art to ‘fit’ where I am because I don’t plan to stay.  With that in mind, and a lot of empty wall, I flipped through a magazine to find inspiration.  I saw a picture of Angelina Jolie and her tattoos…you know the coordinates of where her babies were born?  Having lived a gypsy lifestyle and experienced my fair share of coordinates, I thought…that should cover up some wall.  I missed a couple but here is a ‘draft’ of a project in the works. 

In between errands, a hair appointment, finishing the first book of The Hunger Games (OMG – talk about page-turner – I can’t wait to start book two) etc. I met my sister, Lucinda, at the Taste of the Gardens in Elkhart.  Embarrassingly, I had no idea Elkhart had Botanical Gardens.  They are beautiful and the event was well done, in my opinion.  Art booths lined one side of the water and food/beer tents with bands on the other.  I ran into some friends which is always fun and yet, somehow missed my brother who said he was there at the same time. 

After the art festival I headed to Shavehead Lake.  It played host to Rail Jam 2011.  An interesting wake boarding home-made rail event where I stared wondering who held the liability and worried someone was about to lose a leg.  None of the participants seems concerned and thankfully, all went off without a hitch.  Seriously, a jet ski pulls a willing (mostly young guy) out of a man-made pool up onto a narrow wooden platform into the lake.  Yikes.  Anyway, it was perfect weather and so fun to hang out with friends and Mary, I LOVE your Yurt!  Thank you Cindy for including me! 


Sunday I went to see Earl and then onto Corey Lake.  A leisurely afternoon hanging on the boat cruising the lake; talking, laughing and getting sun!  Loved it, thanks Katie!  

What are your plans for Labor Day weekend?  I hope you are gathering with friends and family! 
 

1 comment:

  1. i hope you are gathering with friends too.... namely ME!!!

    ReplyDelete