Thursday, August 11, 2011

No butterfliez...no beez...

Well…I’ve felt this coming for a couple of weeks now...but I could feel myself denying that it would happen this soon…in fact, this morning.  A cool 58 degrees when I stepped outside.  At first, it felt nice and I caught myself smiling a little.  But, am I really ready to let go of summer…it’s not a choice is it? 

Autumn, one of the four natural divisions of the year.  Each season has its own characteristic weather and lasts approximately three months.  I wish I could add two of winter’s months to summer and one of spring’s to fall.  Honestly, I do love the change of seasons.  It’s a chance to stir up the wardrobe, engage in different outdoor sports and provides a great segway to start new life chapters. 

Like I said, I've felt this coming...everyone on Facebook was preparing me for fall.  Pictures of my friend’s kids on their first day back to school, shopping for supplies and new clothes, and the boo hoo’s the pool days are over.  Yep, the easy, sunny days of summer…slipping by…all too fast.  All is not lost though.  Fall is a close second to summer as a favorite season of mine.  The changing of the leaves, the cool, crisp air, the big sweaters, mugs of tea, the smell of burning leaves…I could go on.  But, you’ve been through it, you know. 

Oh the sad reality of the few things that are going to be ending…no more flowers, no fresh fruit, no shade from the bright sunshine…and see ya next summer butterfliez and bumblebeez…see ya next summer.   

It’s bittersweet.

Last night I tried my hand at another DIY ‘first signs of fall’ photo shoot.  You can trust me on this one…it didn’t go well.  I abandoned the project.
I did take these the other day and decided...just because I felt like I needed to include a picture, I decided to offer these out of desperation...
My half summer half fall outfit.  (I realize this isn't a great picture and you can hardly see the outfit...I said desperation...remember?)  A tank dress from three dot in a taupe color, thunderbird necklace from Low Luv with other random silver jewelry piled on (you can't see) and black bootie moccasins from Minnetonka. 

I launched myself through the air and landed on the bed here...keeping my bird-like spirit alive and getting fired up for Autumn!

Delicious autumn!  My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.  ~George Eliot

 

2 comments:

  1. Nice post, love the photos!
    Bookmarked,
    see mine http://thepileofstyle.blogspot.com/
    you might like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Isabella! I bookmarked you as well. I tried to comment on your blog but it wouldn't all me to :( I loved your bag and you look beautiful in all the photos! :) I will be in Croatia next summer -- I am so excited! I'll have to have you tell me all the 'must see' things before I get there! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete