Thursday, August 18, 2011

Living in the round.

I currently rent an apartment but have been looking for a lake or river house to buy.  With the repressed economy and all the places on the market, you would think I could find something I want.  The more I dream about it however, the more my ideal place changes. 
A few years ago I went on vacation to Treebones Resort.  A yurt vacation, overlooking the Pacific Ocean on the Big Sur coast in California.  A unique experience with breathtaking views, amazing hikes and we were literally surrounded by nature.  Not to mention it was so much fun.  Visit http://www.treebonesresort.com/ for more information. 
Maybe you are wondering…what is a yurt?  I think it is an incredibly cool circular tent.  But, the literal definition describes it as a modern adaptation of ancient shelters originally used by nomads.  I think you know where I am going with this, don’t you?  I am now imagining how cool it might be to just buy some land on a lake and put my own yurt on it.  They come in all sizes.  I am also thinking I could start with one and add to it.  I could even turn one into a wardrobe room! 


 I am loving the idea…and you know this girl loves to dream.

2 comments:

  1. you went to treebones! we did everything we wanted to on our west coast road trip except treebones! aah. i am jealous. my co-worker stayed there and could not stop raving about. maybe we should go back:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vintchie (my new nickname for you) - YOU HAVE TO GO BACK!!! It was amazing - you would love it! After I had gone...I wanted to go to a new yurt village each year for vacation. You may be suprised to learn there are a ton all over the US! What a great way to see places! Sadly, I haven't done that but I just inspired myself to bring that plan back to life!

    ReplyDelete