Monday, July 25, 2011

Words of advice...take it or leave it.

Noun. Ad-vice - an opinion or recommendation offered as a guide to action, conduct, etc.


Many people like to offer up their advice or words of wisdom…sometimes, without an invitation. Thankfully, you get to decide if it’s something worth listening to and you get to decide whether to take it or leave it. 

I was offered some advice this weekend…unsolicited…and I took it.  I started thinking about advice and wisdom and how what people have shared had impacted me.  Then I thought, maybe I’ll write about advice I’ve been given or learned along the way and although it has no real merit other than my humble life experiences, maybe you can take something from it?

At first it seemed like a short list but then as I started to jot down notes they started popping into my head.   

It’s all about the little things
Mind your *own* business
Listen to your gut instinct
Learn after a mistake
Travel as much as you can and experience other cultures
Never settle for less than what truly makes you happy
Volunteer
Be as you are – embrace your fool!
No matter how tired you are brush your teeth and wash your face – thanks mom
Floss
Learn all you can – thanks dad
It doesn’t matter if you fail as long as you tried your best
Save more than you spend – again, thanks dad
Eat desert first - oh my suger tooth!
Don’t be reckless with other people’s hearts and don’t put up with people who are reckless with yours
Keep old love letters
Don’t ever feel like you are less than perfect – thanks P!nk
Take time to get to know your parents…you never know when they won’t be around
Smile
Exercise
Pursue your dreams
Make time for others
Ask questions
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should - thanks Heatherlee
Support your family and friend

Take them with a grain of salt...I hope you will share some of your own in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment