Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sojourn; a temporary stay






This past Friday I found myself in Sawyer, MI.  My friend, Stacia Garriott Kass, opened a new ‘junk shop’ as she likes to call it.  It’s hardly a junk shop.  It’s amazing to say the least.  I was blown away at what she had done, but not surprised.  I have always admired her style, so to see her transform an old building into a piece of art and fill the store with the most amazing pieces of furniture and collectibles, I couldn’t have been more proud of her.  The front of the building literally opens up and passer bys get drawn in.  Renovations started in November and had spurred interest and curiosity from the get-go.  It was fun to see people come in and watch them all pause and stand in awe soaking in the vintage and mid century finds she had collected.  One person after another couldn’t help but gush about the place.  If any of my Indiana, Chicago or Michigan friends are headed to Warren Dunes, stop in to Sojourn and say hello.  

2 comments:

  1. I was just there and its amazing! do you know if she is online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Reina! Isn't the store amazing??~!! I hope you met Stacia!! She is working on launching a website but until then you can find her on Facebook! Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete