Monday, July 11, 2011

Never let your lips go naked…

They say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Beauty is confidence.  Sometimes, beauty…may just be a killer new lip gloss.  I say lip gloss because I don’t do lipstick.  Never have.  Never will.  It’s not me.  I simply can’t wear it.  I have thin lips.  And, No, lip liner doesn’t help.  I end up looking like a clown with it half way down my chin; I’m not kidding.

We have all perused the cosmetics isles.  I can see myself now.  Which one?  For myself, I prefer a nude lip with a serious shine.  Jlo may have perfected this in my opinion.  If I can’t decide, sometimes I may very well choose the color because of what it’s named.  Somehow, it contributes to its appeal.  NARS has created some of the best.  For example:  Hot Voodoo, Stolen Kisses, Pillow Talk and Super Vixen are a few of my favs.   There are countless options…countless…and I am certain, I have tested out the majority of them.  Lip gloss and chapstick, that is.  Between the over-sized bag I carry and call a purse and my bathroom cabinets, they are overflowing with product.  I thought I’d share some of my current favorites. 


My all time favorite, go to lipgloss.  LipLITES, cappuccino.  It might be $3.00 at Walmart.  It offers a perfect nude color with that shine I like and it tastes like coffee!  I buy this in bulk...one for every possible spot I may need it. 

Kiehl's is one of my favorite product lines.  This might appear dark, however, it offers a light, berry-type sheen and feels luscious. I think it was $15. 
I LOVE these.  I couldn't decide at Sephora which one to get but they offer them as a duo at the cashwrap.  More like a chapstick with a super sheer color.  Definitely worth the price tag.  $22.50 for the larger ones a piece or $22.50 for the small duo. 
I thought this was an interesting looking chapstick and had passed on it several times because I am not a fan of the 'lip pots' type of gloss.  But, you don't apply with your finger.  I love the seafoam color and the mint is the best flavor.  It's fun and cheap, idk, $3?

The only reason I tried this chapstick is because the slider is a bumble bee! :) But, I LOVE it.  $3.00 at the grocery store.  It's a must.

I have a favorite quote from Audrey Hepburn, "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others, for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Just add some gloss.

1 comment:

  1. Evie McCormick will be so with you on this one!!!

    ReplyDelete