Monday, July 18, 2011

My weekend - in a nutshell...

I have always liked this quote by Winnie the Pooh, “It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like “What about lunch?” 
Here were the short, easy words I heard this weekend.  What about cocktails and a show at The Lerner?  What about a day antiquing?  What about stopping by your friend’s store, Sojourn?  Do you want to grab coffee before we head out to Dad’s?  Do you want to come over for dinner?
Here is a re-cap of my family and friend filled weekend!
My dear friends, Nancy and John Banks invited me to a performance of The Music Man at the recently renovated Lerner Theatre.  A great musical about a con-man from Gary, IN who ends up in River City, Iowa, claiming to want to start a band.  I won’t spoil the ending…support local arts and go see this.  Liz from B on the River did an amazing job catering the event!  I saw so many old friends from growing up at the reception, it totally enhanced the evening!  Thank you Nancy and John, I had a great time.  Btw, Nanners...I'm celebrating YOU all day today in honor of your birthday! 
Saturday, Amy and I took a tour of South West Michigan.  Who knew this corner of the state offered so much to do and see?  Aside from the sandy dunes I used to frequent growing up, there were tons of antique shops along the bluff and country by-roads to keep us ‘bin digging’ all day!  We also went to Stacia’s amazing store, Sojourn and walked away with some awesome new things!  (Aim, I’m thinking we need to go back next weekend and scoop up all the stuff we wanted but hesitated on before someone else gets them!)  Stacia recommended some cool shops and a delicious lunch spot to break up the day.  Best.day.ever! 
Sunday was family day and spent the majority of it working in the yard out at my dad’s place.  Dinner with my niece, nephew, brother-in-law and sister capped it off. 
Have a great week and use some short,easy, simple words and go do something fun with someone!

Me and my sister Lucinda at the performance!

I bought this mother-of-pearl dove necklace at an antique mall we went to...wearing it today!

I also found this lizard clutch :o I can't wait to use it!

Vee loves rosary beads and I found this for her.  It's no suprise...I sent her the picture last night!  KEWL club on the way!

I loved this vintage picnic basket and put it on my most wanted list.  At the time, I couldn't think of the last time I had gone on a picnic.  But, the rest of the day I kept thinking about the concerts in the park I went to all last summer and what a great excuse to get some friends together and use the new basket.  Guess we need to go back next weekend Amy!!

I also added to my most wanted list this awesome FORD truck!  I love the color and can picture all my besties piled into the flat bed in back when we head out for that picnic.  A little out of my budget at $14,000 but a girl can dream a little dream...
Here I am working in the yard.  I am so glad this vintage looking wheel barrel didn't sell at the estate sale!  I decided I'll keep it for when I buy my bungalow on the lake. I'll need it to cart all the flowers I buy to plant!

2 comments:

  1. So great to see you and Amy! Glad you had a good day, and thanks for opening the store!!!
    Love that truck too...it's at Charm Cottage right? You got some good stuff!! Michigan suits you! Move there, quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend!!! Bummed I missed the shopping day!! Maybe next time?!? Good finds!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete