Wednesday, July 6, 2011

FEED fanatic!

We live in a time where "more people than ever have the freedom, time, wealth, health, exposure, social mobility, and confidence to address social problems in bold new ways." 

I love to read about people who do for others.   I find it inspiring.  Giving doesn't always mean financial; you can also give your time by volunteering!  Today, however, I wanted to chat about a way to give...get and still make a big difference.  Seems like a great idea, right?  

There are several companies who had an idea and have made a big impact.  (I plan to blog in my next several posts about some of my other favorites, so be on the look out for those).  One of my favorites is The FEED Project created by Lauren Bush.  What an amazing concept and I absolutely LOVE the products.  Not only when you buy a bag, or shirt or accessory does it literally help feed someone in need but the products are created from sustainable resources and with fair-labor production.  

Do you read labels? I have started to so I can find out where the product originates.  Made in the U.S.A…is hard to find.  I googled ‘products made in the USA’ and there is a store (the only one in the United States) that now carries 100% made in the U.S.A products where even the packaging is made here.  Cool.  Buy American.  Help others. http://www.madeinusaproductsstore.com/

Make it your goal today to do something good for someone else.  Even if you just offer a smile you may be surprised how you have lifted a spirit. 

I have included some of my FEED bags.  You give…you get.  Who can’t use a bag?  And, what a great gift idea!  The FEED 2 Kenya bag is on my most wanted list.  http://www.feedprojects.com/shopping_product_detail.asp?pid=49377
I encourage you to visit http://www.feedprojects.org/ to read all about their efforts to help feed the children of the world.  In the meantime, here is some information about their mission I took off their website.

FEED Projects' mission is to create good products that help FEED the world. We do this through the sale of FEED bags, bears, t-shirts, and other accessories by building a set donation into the cost of each product. Thus the impact of each product, signified by a stenciled number, is understandable, tangible, and meaningful.

We take great pride in using environmentally-friendly and artisan-made materials, along with fair-labor production, in creating all FEED products.

We stand behind our brand and the organizations and humanitarian programs each FEED product supports. Ultimately, we believe that everyone has the right to basic human necessities, such as healthy and nutritious food. FEED is proud to help FEED the world, one bag at a time.

For more information or to purchase FEED products visit http://www.feedprojects.org/
Will you be part of the change?



No comments:

Post a Comment