Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chasing butterfliez

Bucket list, life list, glorified to do list or a killer list of simply must do’s before you kick it…whatever you want to call it…it’s a list of all the things you want to do, places you want to go, people you want to meet, all the dreams you want to fulfill and hopes you have… just stuff you want to chase after and accomplish before your time endz. 

I’m a list maker and about a month ago I was driving to West Virginia to celebrate Katie’s 40th birthday...with seven hours to kill in the car we wondered what to do?  Cindy, Katie and I decided to create our ‘bucket lists.’   The idea here is you just have to write down everything that comes to mind…freestyle it…just start writing and the ideas will come and don’t worry about how you’ll accomplish any of it because if you really want to…you will!

At first we all just sat there and looked at each other waiting for someone to throw something out….hmmm…idk, what do you wanna do?  Idk, what do YOU wanna do?  The list wasn’t long (until now)…and we were constantly modifying it, changing it, or commenting on someone’s idea like….,”Really?  You wanna do that?” (ie: note Katie’s comment on, ‘read all the classics.’) Anyway, for the past few weeks, I’ve been jotting down stuff and adding to the list and this is what I came up with….in no particular order… and somewhat ‘off the cuff’…

Climb Kilamanjaro (Vee and I wanted to do this for our 40th…we will shoot for 45th)
Safari (MUST buy amazing camera before I do this)
Humanitarian trip for a month
Bungee jump in Australia
Read all the classics…okay Katie, you’re right, ‘some’ is more like it
Swim with the dolphins
Buy a house on the lake and have Vee and Stacia decorate it
Buy a Prius…a white one
But an Airstream
Take weekends to visit friends as often as possible and do this in new Airstream
Start a blog – OH  MY GOSH…check!
Create a website for blog…in process
Bike highway 1
Raft the Grand Canyon
Take a hot air balloon ride
Help build a house with Habitat for Humanity
Make a coooool million
Take that cool million and go see the 7 Natural Wonders of the World
Learn another language
Attend a music festival in another country
Attend an Olympics
Go dog sledding
Hmmm…I’ve finally decided I’d like to eventually get engaged and get married…possibly on a vineyard or exotic beach with a handful of close friends/family
Have (a) child(ren)
Take dance lessons
Be on Dancing with the…non-famous
Be on Survivor or The Amazing Race
Take up astronomy
Learn astrology
Swim in the largest swimming pool in the world, off the coast of Chile
Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef
Go to the Sky Lantern festival in Thailand with my prince charming (yes, I saw this on the Bachelorette—thought it looked so romantic...and yes, I can be cheesy)
Attend the Brazilian Carnival in Rio de Janerio
Take Vee to Mardi Gras in New Orleans
Go to the Pike Place Market in Seattle
Go to Mount Rushmore
Hmmm….in lieu of getting so specific…I should just say, visit all 50 of the United States and all 7 continents
Live in a foreign country
Get back into photography and write for a travel magazine (inspired by Lucy, who just got a gig with Wanderlust, a UK magazine-so proud of you!)
Make beer
Make chap stick
Make cheese
Take a gourmet cooking class and then have an outdoor feast with friends
Start making jewelry again
Watch every movie that has won an Academy Award for best picture

There you have it…my 'working' list or list in progress…that's me…’Chasing butterfliez’…essentially, me chasing my killer list of stuff I wanna do, most likely, with my butterfly, Vee.

What are you chasing?


1 comment: