Ah, summer, how I love thee.
I do believe summer was made for me. I have found that I am a happier person when the sun is shining down on me. I feel lighter, more confident, I stand taller, I smile all day long, I laugh louder, I eat ice cream, I work out daily, I go out with my friends, I crave doing…
In fact, I use summer as the time when I know I can get everything accomplished that winter won’t allow. That perpetual item that drags from one to do list to the other. I also make a lot of time to do nothing. Not like sit on the couch nothing, but lie in the grass, listen to the birds, watch the clouds float by and not consider it a waste of time. When I’m practicing the art of doing nothing in summer, I think of things I want to do…become…things I want…you can see my ‘off the cuff’ list below…it’s in no particular order.
1. Buy a new camera – this has been on my list for a long time… a nice one… not a little point and shoot.
2. Attend live music! I love music festivals and they may be one of my favorite things to do. Last year, Vee and I went to Telluride Blues and Brew and discovered a new artist and had a blast.
3. I’ll continue to add, Food festivals, wine festivals and the like. I’m in…who wants to join me?
4. Donate all the summer clothes I do not wear. I am on a kick to minimize my life. This is a work in progress as I got rid of 9 bags when I moved into my new pad at the end of April.
5. Create a summer music playlist and test it out which leads me to number 6…
6. Road trip! I love to roll down the windows, let the wind blow my hair and sing to the music as loud as I can. Sorry if you happen to be sitting next to me…I sound nothing like Adele but I sure think I do!
7. Boating/Sailing. One of my all time favorite things to do next to attending festivals. I need to do this as much as I can. Thankfully, I have friends and family that have boats. Being on the water makes me happy and I feel peaceful. I’ve attached some pictures of my sailing excursion with The Doolan’s last summer on the Pacific…what a great time!
8. Get a tan. Gasp! I know, I know. I also use sun block liberally. Please do the same.
9. Read. Please suggest your favorite book to add to my list. I read any chance I can get.
10. Sunglasses. I need more. I really don’t, but I love sunglasses.
11. One word: KOOZIE…I posted a picture of my friend Amy’s koozie that I always use when I go to her lake house. I added It to my must have list. Go dawgs!
12. Hydrate frequently. This is a must.
13. Cover ups. You can never have enough of these. Beaded ones, embroidered ones…I prefer the ones that double as a dress…you can’t go wrong.
14. Bikini…I mean TAKINI…I’ve turned 40…it’s over.
15. Eternal sunshine. I can only hope.