Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end

My dad is on the right
Welcome to OFF THE CUFF!
I’ve decided to become a blogger.  Why join the club?  I’ve thought about it for awhile now and have been surprisingly encouraged by my family and a few friends that promised they would follow me if I was sort of interesting.  But, the real conversation came from my father who passed away at the end of October.  I was blessed with spending the last 30 days of his life with him.  Growing up, he preached that knowledge is power…the one thing no one can take away from you is your education…learn all you can…and on and on.  One of our last conversations was that he told me how much he loved all the letters I used to send him (I came to find out he saved every single one) wow, every.single.one!  It touched me to the core.  He asked me to promise him to keep learning.  Keep discovering.  Keep giving.  Find what you love and do it.  Be happy.  I love reading, photography, travel, fashion, art, music, food, being with friends, sharing, giving, etc.  So, the World has turned and lead me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment