Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cock your hat – angles and attitudes...well said, Frank Sinatra!

I love hats.  Hats are an art form.  A great accessory.  They make a statement.  A good conversation starter.   Straw hats, cowboys hats, baseball caps, fedoras, hats with feathers, visors, tall hats, squatty hats, boiler hats…there are all kinds of hats.  What’s your favorite? 
My current all time favorite hat is the fedora I am wearing in the picture attached below (photo courtesy of Heidi Gress).  It looks similar to the one my dad is wearing in the picture I posted of him yesterday.  He gave it to me last April.  He always wore fedoras and had a great sense of style.  I liked that about him.  Here is a tip for your back pocket via my dad.  Body heat is lost through the head, in inclement conditions it is important to cover your noggen…go grab a hat. My dad always kept the house at a below freezing temperature growing up.  If you would have stopped by, we were all wearing hats and scarves and gloves and Vee and I were most likely huddled up in front of one of the heaters.
Follow the link to the black straw hat; it is on my most wanted list.  Cute for the beach or the lake and affordable.  I got the straw fedora at Walmart for $10.  I couldn’t resist, in fact, I got one for Vee too.  Who knows if she’ll wear it but she should.  She looks great in hats. 
"And all your future lies beneath your hat." John Oldham. With that, go toss on your favorite hat and have a great day!

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?productId=0422_2963_410&catId=cat1070006

No comments:

Post a Comment